I don’t think a blog would be complete without the odd article about the favourite products, whether it is make up, skin care or hair care. I have always been interested in make up and looking after my skin but in the last year or two I have read reviews, blogs and watched Youtube videos to see what are some of the best products out there.
I have sensitive skin and come up in patches of dry skin over little things. This means I need to be careful what goes onto my skin. Lush products for example. With the many many pictures on Instagram of Snow Fairy and brightly coloured water baths, I bought Snow Fairy a few years ago. It didn’t compliment my skin very well and it put me off lush for a long time. Recently, I have decided to take time out of my week to relax, unwind and enjoy a bath.
After some googling of what works well with sensitive skin, I bought a few bits that have so far been really good! My go to products at the moment from Lush are; Dream Cream (the self preserving one, so it feels extremely fresh), Butterball bath bomb and Floating Island bath oil. I use a few bits for my dry skin and Dream Cream has become part of my routine and I use it after every shower. It has made my skin SO much better.
I have tried lots of products for my face – some good, some not so good. I tried some over the last year or so I have really enjoyed. When it started getting really cold, I began getting dry skin around my nose and t-zone. My go to moisturiser was First Aid Beauty’s Ultra Repair Cream. It feels lovely on your skin and really does the trick.
La Roche – Posay products are good for combination skin. The Effaclar Duo+ works well under my make up or to freshen up my skin after washing. I love the Toleriane Foaming Gel Cleanser. A lot of stuff for sensitive skin lacks the bubbly lather you get with other products but this actually gets bubbly and foamy!
I decided to treat myself to some mini Pixi products. The Best Of Bright kit includes; Glow Mud Cleanser, Glow Mud Mask and Glow Tonic. The Glow Tonic has become an absolute favourite and I plan on buying the full size as soon as the mini one runs out!
Make up can get pretty addictive. I look out for reviews on products from beauty bloggers and magazines before I buy things. I always want to make sure it is a decent product. Sephora mini’s have always been an impulse buy when shopping on holiday but usually mean if I like something, i’ll get the full size eventually (I did this with Better Than Sex Mascara).
Here is a list of some of my beauty faves I have used over the last year!
- Urban Decay Naked Palette – such a nice mix of nude and brown colours that are really pigmented. “Buck” works perfectly blended into my brows after a flick of clear brow gel)
- Urban Decay Naked2 Palette – My go to eye palette I reach for the most. I use nearly every colour to death! (I actually have the Naked 3 and Smoky palette too but I find I use them a lot less)
- Too Faced Cat Eyes Palette – such a nice mixture of colours for the arch under your eyebrow and the lines of your liner. I have a dressing table and I find I need a smaller mirror to line my eyes and the one in this palette works perfectly
- Kat Von D “Shade And Light” Contour Quad Eye Shadow Palette – I have this in ‘Smoke’ so its greys and navy. It is quite hard to blend without a bit of practice but the end result is really effective!
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner – I have always used cheap eyeliner but someone recommended this pen liner to me. It didn’t disappoint. It lasts a lot longer and I can create a much sharper line along my eye.
- Kat Von D Everlasting Lipstick in Nosferatu – I LOVE liquid lipstick. Kat Von D’s stays on for ages, feels great on your lips and isn’t too drying!
- Urban Decay Primer Potion – A lot of people might not use a eye primer but I think it makes the world of difference. My eyeshadow lasts a lot longer
- NYX Cream Contour Palette – cream contour works really well under a blusher and blends well without getting too cakey. This NYX palette is really nice and matches my skin really well
- NYX Powder Illuminator In Ritualistic – I have cream highlighters but I find powder lasts longer. I really like the finish of this one and I love NYX products.
- Soap & Glory’s One Heck Of A Blot Primer – I get a shiny face after a day at work, so a primer to mattify my face a little is a must. One Heck Of A Blot works really well and is good for topping up my make up after a long day
- Bourjois Colour Band Eyeshadow – I was on the hunt for a cheaper version of Charlotte Tilbury’s Colour Chamaeleon and Colour Band has intense colour which can be blended well. When I want an easy day make up, I whack a lot of this on my lids
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – this is a blogger fave. I tried this out after Tanya Burr and Zoella raved about it. It is by far the best concealer I have tried and one of the cheapest!
- Tanya Burr Body Illuminator – If I want to look glowy, I use a little bit of this under my foundation and across my collar bones. It also smells REALLY good
- Tanya Burr Lipstick in Pink Cocoa – One of the highly sought after colours, I adore this lipstick. It smells and tastes good (definitely an important factor), feels incredibly soft on your lips, which is a relief after lots of matte lipstick and the colour is the perfect pink/nude for my skin tone.
I feel like I haven’t even scratched the surface with this. There is still a load of products I haven’t even mentioned. Make up is a definite hobby of mine and I am obsessed with Kat Von D, Too Faced, NYX and Urban Decay. I am trying to revamp all of my products to vegan only products, which is taking a little research. I am also always on the lookout for skincare that makes my sensitive and dry skin feel great!